Whoever it was probably also decided that black cats walking in front of you were unlucky. Another one of the stupid old wives tales we've been brought up to believe in. Like you shouldn't stand on cracks in the pavement. Or counting sheep will help you to fall asleep. Or if you wash clothes on New Years Day, you'll be washing all year.. surely most people wash their clothes all year anyway?! Who comes up with this stuff!?
Are there not enough restrictions put on us by society, that we had to make up some extra ones to go with it? Why are people never satisfied? Everyone always wants what they can't have and aspires for more than they can achieve.
What I guess I'm trying to say is why listen to the stories and nonsense of yesteryear, when we can't even live in a peaceful society? Why can't we just accept what we have? I'm not saying don't believe in a higher power, or even that you'll never do well in life, cause that's not the case and will lead to a severely pessimistic society, which is already bad enough! But if the crazy bird shit lady was right, it's going to take a hell of a lot of pigeons to fix the problems we've created, and if that's not luck then I don't know what is.
No comments:
Post a Comment